Balkans Revealed Tour – Wednesday 16 to Tuesday 29 September 2020
Join us for an epic adventure as we explore parts of eight different nations! Beginning and ending in Italy we’ll make our way through regions of Greece, Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Montengro and Croatia.
On our agenda:
Eleven days of riding magic covering approximately 1780 miles – averaging roughly 162 per day.
Here are just a few of the unique places we’ll be visiting:
Meteora – An utterly amazing Unesco World Heritage site
Mparos Pass – Perhaps not quite a Stelvio…but it’ll do fine
Aigi – Royal Tomb of Philip II of Macedon, father of Alexander the Great
Sofia, Bulgaria – a fascinating mix of ancient, communist and modern
Skopje, North Macedonia – Let’s just call it quirky
Lovcen National Park – Montenegro’s mountain gem
Wow, that seems like a good start! But couldn’t we add just a bit more? Let’s do it! We’ll make a pit stop in Tavullia, Italy for a snack and souvenirs at Bar Pizzeria da Rossi.
- Return motorcycle shipping between Manchester, UK and Prato, IT
- 11 nights of accommodation in mid-range hotels
- 2 overnight Adriatic Sea cruise-ferry crossings – private 2 berth cabins
- 11 breakfasts – 4 evening dinners (drinks not included)
- Bus transfer between Pisa, IT and Prato, IT
- Sat-nav waypoints and detailed hotel info
- Peak Rider tour leader
- Passage (e.g. air travel) to and from Italy
- Motorcycle hire
- Vignettes, road, bridge and tunnel tolls
- Vehicle, personal liability and Green Card insurance
- Attraction admissions and items of a personal nature
- Meals on overnight ferries
- All meals and drinks not included in the list above
- Two persons, one motorcycle, shared room – £1599 GBP per person
- Two persons, two motorcycles, shared room – £1969 GBP per person
- One person, one motorcycle, single room – £2329 GBP
- Deposit – £200 per person (non-refundable upon acceptance of terms)
- Progress payment of £500 per person due 31 April 2020
- Outstanding balance due 15 August 2020
* Prices are valid at time of publication. Due to political uncertainty in the UK – and therefore subject to the UK Pound’s relationship to the Euro – final balance pricing at 15 August 2020 may be subject to adjustment.
UK Riders. Re motorcycle insurance. Our current understanding – based on a September 2019 conversation with UK bike insurer Bennetts – is that should Brexit take effect they will issue a Green Card for EU countries on request. Check with your insurer. For non-EU nations (North Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro) it is necessary to purchase temporary Green Card at liability insurance the border crossing. During the Peak Rider reconnaissance in May 2019 we found this to be a quick and easy process. You must have your vehicle registration document with you (V5 for UK riders). Prices will vary. In 2019 most countries charged €15 for two weeks; the bandit at our N. Macedonia crossing wanted €50. It’s helpful to think of Green Cards as admission charges to large theme parks.